Roy has experience in project coordination, engineering design and construction on projects like energy efficiency retrofits and solar developments. He is familiar with building automation system, demand control ventilation, energy audits and has in-depth knowledge of incentive programs. The following is Roy’s relevant project experience:
- York Catholic District School Board, comprehensive re-commissioning of 8 schools, seasonal site investigations, verification of existing drawings on site, night-time demand investigation, testing of control valves, VAVs and other control equipment, remote connection settings, in-depth review of BAS design and programming, development of re-commissioning measures, writing reports and project coordination.
- 5001 Yonge Street, Toronto, commercial building with Canada Revenue Agency as a main tenant, full size design-built energy retrofit. Around 11 different measures implemented in fully occupied building. Project achieved BOMA BESt Level 3 (level 2 was required). Overall project value $1,200,000.
- Technical Energy Advisor for Vaughan utility company PowerStream. Close cooperation with utility company and review of more than 100 of energy incentive applications.
- 6725 Airport Road, Dundee Realty, heatpump boilers replacement, comparison of various condensing boiler manufacturers and models, their efficiency, construction and costs and design, tendering and general construction review.
- 33 Kern Road, The Travel Corporation, geothermal heatpump system installed at existing office building, about 20 heatpumps installed, vertical ground loop underneath the parking lot, total project cost $500,000, incentives in the amount of $40,000 obtained on behalf of the client.