UBC Life Sciences Centre
UBC Technical Services congratulates CES Engineering Ltd on the successful completion of the UBC Life Science Centre building project.
The UBC Life Sciences centre is the largest building (550,000 square feet area) on the UBC Vancouver campus. This medical teaching and research facility includes a variety of laboratories, lecture theatres, classrooms, seminar and reading rooms and administration offices. Large scale Vivarium and Containment Level 3 Laboratories are located on the basement floors.
The multi-phase design, construction and commissioning project stretched over nine years. CES Engineering, acting in a capacity of the project Commissioning Authority on behalf of the UBC Property Trust, was engaged from the early design stage.
CES Engineering completed the following project services:
- Mechanical systems commissioning for the base building systems and upper floors laboratories
- Mechanical systems commissioning and air & water balancing for the large Vivarium area
- Total building systems commissioning for CL3 laboratory (architectural, electrical and mechanical systems)
- Third party commissioning for proprietary effluent decontamination system
- Third party commissioning for proprietary large room decontamination system (decon chamber)
- Containment level 3 laboratories certification services
UBC technical services would like to use this opportunity to commend CES Engineering for continuous dedication, service attitude and professionalism performed during this extremely difficult project.
David Rodgers, P. Eng.
Manager / Technical Services
U.B.C. Building Operations