Title: Building Services Commissioning Engineer
Employer: C.E.S. Engineering Ltd.
CES is energetic, innovative and exciting company working in the field of building systems performance engineering and consulting. Our people have in depth knowledge and experience with many HVAC, plumbing, BMS, electrical and communication systems related to buildings and industrial applications.
We are focused on providing unmatched value to our clients. Our solutions are based on careful quality, cost, maintenance, energy efficiency and longevity analysis.
We work with the following systems on a daily basis:
Pumps, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Rooftop Units, Hydronic Heating & Cooling Distribution Systems, Fan Coils or Heat Pumps, Heat Exchangers, Make-Up Air Units, Humidifiers, Air Handling Units, VAV Systems, Heat Recovery Systems, Building Automation Systems, Domestic Hot Water Systems, Backflow Preventers, Electrical Distribution, Lighting, Security and Communication and similar systems.
We nurture integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and try hard to adjust to constant market changes and demands.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Terms of Employment: Full time
Salary Range: Salary will be negotiated upon consideration and is subject to qualifications, experience and skills.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri/8 - 18
Overtime: Required 30% of the time.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions available: 1
Education: A bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): P. Eng. preferable
Experience: 8+ years
- Investigations of existing buildings
- Drafting in CAD software
- HVAC and/or Electrical Systems Design
- Analysis of Energy Consumption
- Developing Energy Conservation Measures
- Energy Modeling
- Making improvements to and offering advice about operational procedures
- Scheduling and co-ordinating work to tight deadlines
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification
- Creating and carrying out test procedures
- Investigating problems, diagnosing/repairing faults
- Liaising with installation/project engineers
- Supervising engineering and technical staff
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical support
- Ensuring safe working conditions
- Training maintenance and operative staff where appropriate
- Physical ability to climb ladders, lift >25lbs, balance and heights
- Ability to travel across Canada (up to 15% of the time)
- AutoCAD or DraftSight
- Microsoft Office or similar software
- Dropbox or similar software
- Skype or similar software
- eQuest or similar energy modeling software
- HAP block load calculation software
It is essential for all applicants to possess excellent interpersonal, leadership and managerial skills. Applicant shall be commercially aware and capable of working well under pressure within a team. Relevant technical expertise (for example, test, design, development and operations experience) is of particular importance, as well as good IT and analytical skills.
Applicant should have the ability to cope with shift work and unsocial hours, which are often required where equipment is in 24-hour operation.
Languages: Fluent in English, working knowledge of French is a bonus.
Application Instructions: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org