Continuous Effluent Decontamination
The continuous effluent decontamination (CED) unit is “Steris” proprietary pre-engineered solution to decontaminating biologically hazardous waste. This process is advancement to conventional kill tank technology.
The CED technology is applied at the UBC Life Science Centre Containment Level 3 Laboratory.
CES Engineering, working as the third party bio-containment consultant for UBC Facility Group, played a major role in implementation of this system. Our services for this project included:
- Selection of appropriate decontamination technology based on project specific conditions and parameters. The work included analysis of the current waste decontamination market and industry as well as a number of proprietary technology solutions
- Assistance in preparation of the selected technology RFP documents
- Tender evaluations and vendor selection
- Shop drawings review and waste decontamination process customization to specific project requirements
- Factory acceptance tests witness, acceptance and deficiency reports (Finland)
- Site acceptance tests acceptance and validations
- Operator training and project record documentation assistance