The decontamination chamber is “Steris” proprietary pre-engineered solution for aseptic processing in research and production applications. The decontamination chamber provides for gaseous decontamination of the large bio-containment equipment.
This system contains welded stainless steel chamber and open loop bio-decontamination system utilizing Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP) technology.
The decontamination chamber is applied at the UBC Life Science Centre Containment Level 3 Laboratory.
CES Engineering, working as the third party bio-containment consultant for UBC Facility Group, played a major role in implementation of this system. Our services for this project included:
- Selection of appropriate decontamination technology based on project specific conditions and parameters. The work included analysis of the current gaseous decontamination market and industry as well as a number of proprietary technology solutions
- Assistance in preparation of the selected technology RFP documents
- Tender evaluations and vendor selection
- Shop drawings review and process customization to specific project requirements
- Factory acceptance tests witness, acceptance and deficiency reports (Syracuse, New York)
- Site acceptance tests acceptance and validations
- Operator training and project record documentation assistance