Vancouver International Airport
YVR Domestic Terminal Level 3 and 4 enhancements were completed in preparation for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
To accommodate new Hold Baggage Screening (HBS) equipment that scans the baggage that is to be carried in the cargo hold of aircraft, the Domestic Terminal was expanded, leaving space above the HBS open for development. The 100,000 square feet of new space includes an expanded retail area with new dining and shopping options on Level 3 as well as a public observation area and interactive exhibits on Level 4.
CES Engineering working in a capacity of Commissioning Authority and hired by the YVR Airport Authority provided commissioning services for this project. The commissioning services included the following building systems:
- HVAC, DDC controls, plumbing and fire protection systems
- Three 25kV primary substations complete with power logic metering and SCADA low voltage monitoring system
- Four central UPS units
- Tenant (vendors) utility metering
- Lighting and lighting control systems
- General alarm, fire alarm and public address systems