High Voltage Substations
Our projects experience includes commissioning many 25kV primary sub-stations.
Working in parallel with equipment vendor specialists we provide supervisory, validation and coordination services for these types of installations.
Our typical services for these project include:
- Review of contractual obligations between the Owner, vendors and contractors in relation to functional acceptance test requirements and procedures, operator training, systems documentation and handover acceptance criteria
- Development of the installation commissioning plan and project commissioning schedule
- Acting as the Owner’s representative during the construction phase, witnessing installation progress and site testing
- Development of pre-functional and functional test check sheets
- Pre-functional tests, which include installation validation for all equipment, sensors and instrumentation, as well as full PLC input/output checks
- System activation check sheets, which include owner's installation and operational requirements, as well as regulatory authority reviews and approvals
- Witnessing of functional testing. Functional testing includes operation validation at a system-wide level, rather than individual components
- Review of the Operation and Equipment manuals provided by the contractors. These documents are reviewed with respect to the owner's requirements, as well as adequacy and completeness for operating and maintaining the plant
- Acting as the Owner’s training coordinator for facility operations and maintenance personnel, scheduling and overseeing all aspects of training throughout the commissioning, handover, and acceptance phases. Developing training agendas in cooperation with facility contractors and Owner’s facility group. Training activities include a focus on safety, operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and analysis of the plant
- Preparing a comprehensive summary commissioning report